Sr. User Experience Researcher | Jun 2013-Feb 2016
- Led user research including usability testing, heuristic evaluation, eye-tracking research, interview, survey, persona, focus group, card sorting, etc.
- Developed interaction design strategies, wireframes and prototypes
- Analyzed and developed information architecture for websites.
- Established Visa’s first User Experience Lab
- Initiated Visa internal crowdsourcing testing platform
Emerson Process Management
Project Researcher | Aug 2012-Aug 2013
- Conducted ethnographic study and task analysis
- Redesigned interface for a decision-based data display system
User Experience Intern | Dec 2011-May 2012
- Conducted competitive analysis and survey
- Designed wireframes
Hubei Educational Information Development Center
Associate Project Manager | Apr 2007-Jan 2009
- Co-managed the “open information system” project to make the documents and records of the Ministry of Education of the People ‘s Republic of China more open to the general public, thereby meeting WTO government transparency requirements. Created the information architecture (logic flow chart) for the framework of the application system—a sub-system of the “open information system”.
- Proposed plans for increasing website traffic and improving business, which were implemented
- Ranked first in the annual employee assessment of the center
- Bias, R.G., Nixon, M., He, D., & Kim, H. (2014). Employing a User-centered Design Approach to Improve Operator Interfaces. IIE Transactions on Occupational Ergonomics and Human Factors, 2014 (V2, 3-4), 207-214.
- Zhang, Y., He, D., & Sang, Y. (2013). Facebook as a Platform for Health Information and Communication: A Case Study of a Diabetes Group. Journal of Medical System, 37(3).
- He, D. & Zhang, Y. (2013). Patients and Caregivers’ Use of Online Diabetes Communities for Information. 2013 Healthcare Symposium: Innovation in Healthcare Delivery Systems.
Education and Certification
Human Factors International
Certified Usability Analyst (CUA) | 2014
University of Texas at Austin
Master of Science, Information Studies | Aug 2013
Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Master of Arts, Journalism | July, 2007
Beihang University, Beijing, China
Bachelor of Law | July, 2004
Usability testing, heuristic evaluation, eye tracking, interview, survey, ethnographic field studies, competitive analysis, information architecture, persona, tree testing, card sorting
Interaction design, wireframe, prototype, design recommendations, rapid iterative design
Morae, Noldus Viso, The observer XT, Tobii/SMI/iMotion Eye Tracking Systems, Balsamiq Mockups, Axure, Sketch, InVision, NVivo, Optimalsort, Qualtrics, UserZoom, Usertesting.com, Minitab, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, PHP, MySQL, HTML